- 4 tablespoons minced fresh lemongrass
- 15 Kaffir lime leaves, chiffonade
- 1 T minced fresh ginger
- 1 T minced fresh galangal
- 8 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced OR 4 scallions
- 1 T turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 t fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-3 T Three Crabs Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 T vegetable or canola oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c Panko
Place all ingredients aside from the meat, egg, and breadcrumbs into a food processor and pulse until a thick paste forms.
Combine with the meat, breadcrumbs and egg until thoroughly mixed.
Mould onto bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water overnight. Grill over medium-high heat until charred on the outside and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.